Defense minister: Hamas preparing for new violence

Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon, center, visiting an IDF soldier on Sunday, November 3, 2013, who was wounded late Thursday, October 31, 2013, in an explosion while attempting to destroy a Hamas tunnel intended to facilitate terror attack in Israeli towns along the Gaza border. (photo credit: Ariel Hermoni, Defense Ministry)

Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon, center, visiting an IDF soldier on Sunday, November 3, 2013, who was wounded late Thursday, October 31, 2013, in an explosion while attempting to destroy a Hamas tunnel intended to facilitate terror attack in Israeli towns along the Gaza border. (photo credit: Ariel Hermoni, Defense Ministry)

On visit to wounded soldiers from explosion on Gaza border, Ya’alon warns that attacks will be met with ‘suitable response’

Continue reading

Dangerous Crossroads: US-Japan Talks Escalate War Preparations against China

SOURCE – The so-called “2 plus 2” meeting in Tokyo this week of US Secretary of State John Kerry and Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel with their Japanese counterparts marked a significant escalation of the US military build-up against China. The lengthy joint statement announced major deployments of hi-tech US weaponry to Japan and a green light for Japanese remilitarisation, within the framework of “a more robust alliance”.Thursday’s talks took place in the wake of the Obama administration’s decision to postpone an imminent military attack on Syria last month in the face of mass popular opposition, both in the United States and around the world. The “2 plus 2” meetings make clear that despite the postponement of war with Syria, Washington’s plans for military escalation are proceeding apace.

Continue reading

Russia’s ‘carrier-killer’ Moskva enters Mediterranean

Missile cruiser "Moskva" (RIA Novosti/Vitaliy Ankov)

Missile cruiser “Moskva” (RIA Novosti/Vitaliy Ankov)

 (RT) Russia’s Moskva missile cruiser, dubbed a “carrier-killer” by NATO, has passed through the Straits of Gibraltar and is now heading toward the eastern Mediterranean to assume command of the Russian naval force there.

The Russian Navy said in a statement that the Moskva cruiser passed through the Straits of Gibraltar on September 10.

Interfax news agency added that the Moskva cruiser, “commanded by Sergey Tronev, Captain 1st Rank of the Guards… has enough room for maneuver now.”

“The Black Sea flagship entered the Russian Navy’s area of responsibility in the Mediterranean at 11:00 pm Moscow time yesterday,” the agency reported a military source as saying.

The missile-carrying cruiser is expected to join its final destination in eastern Mediterranean on September 15 or 16.

Continue reading

Business booming for US firm offering luxury apocalypse-proof bunkers for $65,000 (£42,000)

As fears of terrorist plots, earthquakes and doomsday predictions rock the American psyche, a Southern California company is building luxury survivalist bunkers complete with wide-screen TVs, plumbing, and bunk-beds. They start at about $65,000 (£42,000) and that doesn’t include the cost of digging a big enough hole.

 

SOURCE

Ron Hubbard, founder of Atlas Survival Shelters (no relation to the founder of the Church of Scientology L. Ron Hubbard) gives a tour of his luxury shelter designed to withstand a catastrophe for up to 90 days.

Speaking from his warehouse near Los Angeles, Mr Hubbard insists he is not “fear mongering.”

He earns a living providing luxury survival bunkers to ‘survivalists’, a group of people who believe they are in danger from a terrorist attack, economic meltdown, and even solar flares or meteor showers.

Unlike Cold War-era shelters, Atlas shelters are half the length of a basketball court and 10 feet wide. Each one has a master bedroom, dining area and a sofa facing a 47-inch flat screen TV.

Mr Hubbard says his phone rang constantly last December as people attempted to prepare for the end of the world that never came. The 5,125-year cycle in the Mayan calendar passed by, without disaster. The annual celestial treat of the Perseid meteorssoaring through the sky last month resulted in another spike in business, with customers looking for a way to stay safe in case one hit Earth.

Exclusive: High Level Source Confirms Secret US Nuclear Warhead Transfer

Anthony Gucciardi & Alex Jones
Infowars.com
September 3, 2013

A high level source inside the military has now confirmed to us that Dyess Air Force base is actively moving nuclear warheads to the East Coast of the United States in a secret transfer that has no paper trail.

According to the high level military source, who has a strong record of continually being proven correct in deep military activity, the Dyess Air Force Commander authorized unknown parties to transfer the nuclear warheads to an unknown location that has been reported to be South Carolina, where the warheads will then be picked up and potentially utilized.

This is of particular interest not only due to the fact that the Syrian situation has escalated to the point of a very realistic hot war scenario, but due to the fact that Dyess has repeatedly denied the existence of nuclear warheads inside the base.

Continue reading

Russia urges calm, but US says Syria chemical probe too late

Moscow calls on West to await results of UN inspection of alleged gas attack site before military action, even as capitals say mounting evidence Assad regime to blame

Bodies being buried after the chemical attack in Damascus last week. (photo credit: AP/Shaam News Network)

Bodies being buried after the chemical attack in Damascus last week. (photo credit: AP/Shaam News Network)

SOURCE

The US believes the Syrian regime’s allowing of a UN chemical weapons inspection team to probe the site of an alleged attack is too little too late, even as Moscow has urged Washington and its allies to await the team’s findings before launching military action.

Moscow welcomed Syria’s decision to allow international experts to examine the area in a Damascus suburb where at least 100 people died in the suspected attack last week. Syrian and UN officials are working to finalize the timing of the visit.

 However, a senior US official said the White House believes the Syrian government had denied the UN investigative team immediate access to the site in order to give the evidence of the attack time to degrade.

The official said the regime’s continuing shelling of the site also further corrupts any available evidence of the attack.

The Obama administration official said a belated decision to grant access to the UN team would be considered “too late to be credible.”

Continue reading

Are We Headed For an Economic Collapse?

Those That Are Not Preparing For The Coming Economic Depression Are Going To Bitterly Regret It

Economic Crisis prepare

Michael Snyder
Economic Collapse
August 19, 2013

The next great economic crisis is rapidly approaching, and most people are going to be totally blindsided by it.  Even though the warning signs are glaringly obvious, most Americans continue to believe that our “leaders” know what they are doing and that everything will be just fine.  But what will happen when the next great financial crash happens and trillions of dollars of “paper wealth” disappear into thin air?  What will happen when the coming credit crunch causes economic activity to dramatically slow down and millions upon millions of people lose their jobs?  This shouldn’t sound far-fetched to you.  Remember, this is exactly the kind of thing that we saw back in 2008, and the next great financial crisis is likely going to be significantly worse.  Our economy is in far worse shape than it was back in 2008, and government dependence is now at an all-time high even though most Americans are still enjoying debt-fueled false prosperity.  We are living in the largest debt bubble in the history of the planet, and when it bursts we are going to experience a crippling “adjustment” to our standard of living.  Some people understand this and are busy preparing for what is ahead.  It has been estimated that there are approximately 3 million ”preppers” in the United States, and that number is growing all the time.  Unfortunately, most Americans are not preparing for the coming economic depression and they are going to bitterly regret it.

So what does preparing for the coming economic depression look like?

Continue reading

All force commanders replaced as Turkey shapes new army echelon

All force commanders replaced as Turkey shapes new army echelon

The Supreme Military Council convened on Thursday under the leadership of PM Recep Tayyip Erdoğan (R) at the General Staff Headquarters in Ankara. (Photo: Today’s Zaman, Ali Ünal)

All force commanders including Gendarmerie Commander Bekir Kalyoncu, who was expected to be appointed as the new Turkish Land Forces commander in accordance with the military tradition, have been replaced as the Supreme Military Council (YAŞ) re-shaped the army echelon.

According to Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) tradition, if Kalyoncu had been appointed as the new head of the Land Forces Command during the YAŞ meeting, he would be appointed the new chief of the General Staff in 2015, replacing Chief of General Staff Gen. Necdet Özel.

The results of the three-day YAŞ meeting were made public after the decisions were presented to President Abdullah Gül on Saturday. According to the decisions, Deputy Chief of General Staff Gen. Hulusi Akar has been appointed as the new Land Forces commander while Kalyoncu was forced to retire. Akar is expected to replace Özel in 2015.

Read Full Article…

Russia Orders Snap Drill of Missile Forces

New maneuvers follow largest military exercise since cold war

Russia Missile Drills

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
July 23, 2013

Just days after it concluded the biggest military exercise since the cold war, Russia has ordered its missile forces to conduct a snap drill in order to ascertain the readiness of putting intercontinental ballistic missiles on “high-alert” within a short time frame.

Image: Wikimedia Commons

“The headquarters and two missile divisions of the Orenburg Missile Army in Russia’s Urals region have been put on high-alert as part of snap combat readiness drills,” reports RIA Novosti.

The drills, which will run until Saturday, involve the redeployment of missile units which include those armed with nuclear-capable Topol (SS-25 Sickle) intercontinental ballistic missiles and RS-20V Voyevoda (SS-18 Satan) ballistic missile systems.

“The goal of this snap check is to assess the ability of missile units to go on high-alert in required time and to evaluate their readiness to perform the designated tasks,” said Col. Igor Yegorov, a spokesman for the Defense Ministry.

The missile drills follow in the footsteps of a similar “snap order” given by Vladimir Putin which tasked the Russian military to achieve full “combat readiness” as quickly as possible. Last week’s exercise involved 130 combat aircraft, 70 ships, 5,000 tanks, 160,000 troops and 320 tons of equipment, making it the biggest such drill since the Soviet era.

Continue reading