Lockdown at Fort Knox reportedly lifted after shooting at post

April 7, 2005: The gate to the U.S. Army Armor Center in Fort Knox, Ky. (REUTERS)

DEVELOPING: A lockdown at Fort Knox in Kentucky was lifted around 7 p.m. after a shooting at the Army post, a spokesperson told WDRB.com.

The incident occurred in the vicinity of the Humans Resources Command, which has 3,800 employees.

According to WDRB.com, civilian law enforcement sources off the post said they were asked by military police to be on the lookout for a suspect in the case.

Mary Trotman, a spokesperson for the FBI in Louisville, said two agents had been dispatched to Fort Knox to assist with the investigation, Reuters reported. Trotman said the shooter or shooters had not been apprehended to her knowledge.

No information about casualties or injuries was immediately available.

There is heightened security coming in and out of the base, Fort Knox public affairs officer Ryan Brus told Fox News.

.

top of page ^