Joint center in Syria run by Moscow, Tehran and Hezbollah vows in future they will ‘respond with force,’ says US retaliation ‘crossed red line’
U.S. believes Assad regime failed to destroy all of its chemical weapon stockpiles
Syria’s use of chemical weapons in Kafr Zita, as revealed by The Telegraph, has been further confirmed by two separate subsequent enquiries
Regime, which signed convention against use last summer, developing range of ‘non-classic’ chemical weapons, senior IDF officer says
French president, foreign minister indicate Assad has recently used ‘very deadly’ non-conventional weapons
David Cameron warns regime against stalling on handover of chemical weapons, only 4 per cent of which have so far been removed from country
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Syria’s foreign minister claimed Monday that his government is fighting a war against al-Qaida-linked militants who eat human hearts and dismember people while they are still alive, then send their limbs to family members.
Walid al-Moallem, addressing world leaders at the U.N. General Assembly in New York, also charged that the U.S., Britain and France had blocked the naming of the real perpetrators of chemical weapons attacks in Syria, which he blamed on the opposition.
President Barack Obama told the same forum last week that it was the President Bashar Assad’s regime that was behind a chemical weapons attack in August that killed hundreds in the Damascus suburbs and brought threats of a retaliatory U.S. strike.
After the U.S. threatened to attack Syria, the Assad regime committed to getting rid of its stockpiles of chemical weapons. The U.N. Security Council then voted unanimously on Friday to oblige it to do so based on a plan made by the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons. The resolution broke 2-1/2 years of paralysis on the Syria conflict in the Security Council.